An Eclipse is one of the most significant events in astrology. Although they happen several times a year, the energy of an Eclipse can linger for months and often trigger the themes and lessons of our soul journey.
Across many ancient cultures, Eclipses have been viewed as a bad omen, and while we don’t take that approach today, if we pay attention, we may be able to see that big changes in our lives tend to occur around Eclipses.
Eclipses fall on either the New or Full Moon. An Eclipse on a New Moon is known as Solar Eclipse, and an Eclipse on a Full Moon is known as a Lunar Eclipse.
Eclipses magnify things and often bring undeniable change or events into our lives. They can also signal pivotal turning points that help to guide us in the right direction.
Eclipses can exert their effects at least one month before and one month after, however they may also act as a trigger, and slowly unravel a particular set of lessons or gifts over many months.
Eclipses also bring fated events and help to put us on the right track. In fact, if some big event does happen around an Eclipse, it is often viewed as something that was ‘meant to be’ and a significant milestone on your soul path.
Eclipses put us where we need to be, sometimes before we even realize it for ourselves. This can sometimes be a scary or challenging thing, but Eclipses do remind us that there is a higher plan, and a higher reason for the events that unfold in our lives.
Before we came into our bodies, our soul made a plan or map of what it wanted and needed to experience, and what type of lessons it wanted to master.
We all have the memory of that plan buried deep beneath us, but we don’t come with full memory of it, as that would spoil the fun and adventure!
We also come into this life with free will and the choice to choose the path we wish to walk. This freedom of choice allows us to master the lessons we need to, but also allows us to open to the possibilities that this earthly dimension has to offer.
We can get clues of our soul map through meditation and our intuition, but also through practices like astrology. The snapshot of the planets when we were born tell a deeper story, and can help us to piece together part of our soul plan.
Knowing your soul plan can be helpful, but it’s not necessary, as often the answers we seek are right there before us, and are gifted to us in both strange and everyday occurrences.
Eclipses are one of those occurrences that give us the opportunity to peer into the deeper plan of our soul and to pay attention to where we feel guided. By paying attention and tuning within, we can understand where we need to be and what lessons we are destined to fulfil.
It is easy for us to hear this and believe that our soul wants us to learn lessons so we can live these grand, abundant lives that are free from pain and suffering, but our soul really comes here to experience all shades. We cannot escape this life without pain and suffering. Just the same, we cannot escape this life without knowing laughter and love.
Life is about learning, it is about growing, it is about experiencing. On the soul journey, there is no good or bad, right or wrong, there just is. No lesson, no journey is wasted.
Whenever we have an Eclipse, it is an opportunity for us all to raise our consciousness and to pay attention to the energies around us. It is our chance to tune in to our soul path and to see which way the Universe is guiding us.
The next round of Eclipses we are all going to experience fall in Capricorn and Cancer. We had the first Eclipse of this new cycle on July 12, 2018, however the energy of this cycle swings into full gear in 2019 and continues into 2020.
The Eclipses for this Capricorn-Cancer cycle are as follows:
- January 5, 2019- Capricorn Solar Eclipse
- July 2, 2019- Cancer Solar Eclipse
- July 16, 2019- Capricorn Lunar Eclipse
- December 25, 2019- Capricorn Solar Eclipse
- January 10, 2020- Cancer Lunar Eclipse
- June 20, 2020- Cancer Solar Eclipse
- July 4, 2020- Cancer Lunar Eclipse
Pay attention to these dates to see what changes or guidance you receive. You may also want to think back to what events were happening in your life the last time we had the Eclipses in Cancer and Capricorn. This occurred back in 2009-2011.
While everyone will be affected differently, here are some themes we can expect from this latest Capricorn-Cancer Eclipse cycle:
- A focus on balancing our practical earthy side (Capricorn) with our more intuitive, creative side (Cancer).
- A need to create more of a work-life balance. We may find we are forced to either focus more attention on our home or work life. (One area may dominate before we can achieve balance).
- Issues with our parents may be a theme: we may need to heal the relationship with our mother/feminine (Cancer) or with our father/masculine (Capricorn).
- Old family dynamics or wounds may resurface.
- We may receive a strong push in our career, in fact there is a lot of strong goal-orientated energy that we can use to get things done.
- We may find that a strong male or female mentor/teacher comes into our lives.
- We may feel a desire to get more grounded and take more responsibility for the direction of our lives.
- We may be guided to learn how to balance our emotions in a more healthy way. Healing emotional imbalances and mental health research may also be a theme.
- A focus on money, power, government, and banking is also likely, especially under the Capricorn Eclipses.
- A focus on female health, women’s rights are also likely especially under the Cancer Eclipses.
- We may find ourselves feeling more burnt out if we don’t focus on self-care.
- There may be a need to take more responsibility and pick up the pieces of our lives that we have ignored or swept under the rug.
- We may feel our emotions becoming more accessible.
- Creative businesses/projects are likely to flourish and experience great innovation.