I have been told several times in the last years that I should dye my hair again.
- Why, was my question.
- To hide your age.
- Why should I hide my age? I didn’t steal the years, I lived them. How did I live them? As I knew. Therefore, who can tell you how old YOU are now?
That question above and other things that have happened to me in recent years have made me feel on my skin how much the older ones are being put aside. How much they are considered a nuisance.
However, I have 2 questions for those who do these things:
- How would you feel if you were in an old person’s shoes?
- Have you ever wondered that maybe you won’t get to enjoy the days of that age?
Who is old?
Gray hair is a crown of life.― Lailah Gifty Akita
According to some, you are old after 45-50 years. According to others, you are old after 70 years. In my opinion, you can be old even at 25 and not even consider yourself being old at 95. Being a small child, my parents and relatives used to call me “the old lady”. You are as old as you feel.
However, our society has a very important role in seeing you old as fast as it can. He sees you as a worn-out garment to be thrown away. To work and retire, you must be as old as possible. To enjoy certain benefits you must be as young as possible. Here I am referring to all the restrictions that are imposed on the labour market, and benefits of all kinds you are cut from if you have passed a certain age. I mean, you’re good young as a slave, then you should die as fast as it can.
If you are old, you are not worthy
Why? Because you are no longer employed or you are overwhelmed if you want to change your job. Who else will hire you is the first question you are asked. Or why you want to change a job, is another.
Also, age is very important if you want a loan, or to buy a car or a house.
It is as if you are not allowed to know how to do more things or want to do something else in this life. You maybe realize later that you should do something else that suits you. Or maybe after years, you realize how important it is for your soul to do what you enjoy and not what others want.
No matter your age, You are born being worthy!
Why do we run away from the “age”?
We, generally, run away from the elderly. We tend to act like being older is the worst thing that can happen to us. My opinion is that we run away from them because we are afraid of how we can look when we are at that age. We are afraid of old age and death. As if the youth is the asset of eternal life, and old age is the proof of imminent death. But can you say how long you are going to live?
Getting old is like climbing a mountain. You are a little bit out of breath but the view is much better.– Ingrid Bergman
No matter how old you are now
“No matter how old you are now. You are never too young or too old for success or going after what you want. Here’s a shortlist of people who accomplished great things at different ages
1) Helen Keller, at the age of 19 months, became deaf and blind. But that didn’t stop her. She was the first deaf and blind person to earn a Bachelor of Arts degree.
2) Mozart was already competent on keyboard and violin; he composed from the age of 5.
3) Shirley Temple was 6 when she became a movie star on “Bright Eyes.”
4) Anne Frank was 12 when she wrote the diary of Anne Frank.
5) Magnus Carlsen became a chess Grandmaster at the age of 13.
6) Nadia Comăneci was a gymnast from Romania that scored seven perfect 10.0 and won three gold medals at the Olympics at age 14.
7) Tenzin Gyatso was formally recognized as the 14th Dalai Lama in November 1950, at the age of 15.
8) Pele, a soccer superstar, was 17 years old when he won the world cup in 1958 with Brazil.
9) Elvis was a superstar by age 19.
10) John Lennon was 20 years and Paul McCartney was 18 when the Beatles had their first concert in 1961.
11) Jesse Owens was 22 when he won 4 gold medals in Berlin 1936.
12) Beethoven was a piano virtuoso by age 23
13) Issac Newton wrote Philosophiæ Naturalis Principia Mathematica at age 24
14) Roger Bannister was 25 when he broke the 4-minute mile record
15) Albert Einstein was 26 when he wrote the theory of relativity
16) Lance E. Armstrong was 27 when he won the tour de France
17) Michelangelo created two of the greatest sculptures “David” and “Pieta” by age 28
18) Alexander the Great, by age 29, had created one of the largest empires of the ancient world
19) J.K. Rowling was 30 years old when she finished the first manuscript of Harry Potter
20) Amelia Earhart was 31 years old when she became the first woman to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean
21) Oprah was 32 when she started her talk show, which has become the highest-rated program of its kind
22) Edmund Hillary was 33 when he became the first man to reach Mount Everest
23) Martin Luther King Jr. was 34 when he wrote the speech “I Have a Dream.”
24) Marie Curie was 35 years old when she got nominated for a Nobel Prize in Physics
25) The Wright brothers, Orville (32) and Wilbur (36) invented and built the world’s first successful aeroplane and making the first controlled, powered and sustained heavier-than-air human flight
26) Vincent Van Gogh was 37 when he died virtually unknown, yet his paintings today are worth millions.
27) Neil Armstrong was 38 when he became the first man to set foot on the moon.
28) Mark Twain was 40 when he wrote “The Adventures of Tom Sawyer”, and 49 years old when he wrote “Adventures of Huckleberry Finn”
29) Christopher Columbus was 41 when he discovered the Americas
30) Rosa Parks was 42 when she refused to obey the bus driver’s order to give up her seat to make room for a white passenger
31) John F. Kennedy was 43 years old when he became President of the United States
32) Henry Ford Was 45 when the Ford T came out.
33) Suzanne Collins was 46 when she wrote “The Hunger Games”
34) Charles Darwin was 50 years old when his book On the Origin of Species came out.
35) Leonardo Da Vinci was 51 years old when he painted the Mona Lisa.
36) Abraham Lincoln was 52 when he became president.
37) Ray Kroc Was 53 when he bought the McDonalds Franchise and took it to unprecedented levels.
38) Dr Seuss was 54 when he wrote “The Cat in the Hat”.
40) Chesley “Sully” Sullenberger III was 57 years old when he successfully ditched US Airways Flight 1549 in the Hudson River in 2009. All of the 155 passengers aboard the aircraft survived
41) Colonel Harland Sanders was 61 when he started the KFC Franchise
42) J.R.R Tolkien was 62 when the Lord of the Ring books came out
43) Ronald Reagan was 69 when he became President of the US
44) Jack Lalane at age 70 handcuffed, shackled, towed 70 rowboats
45) Nelson Mandela was 76 when he became President”
You are always the same age inside
For as long as I know, most of my best friends are older than me and children. I appreciate the story and the man’s wisdom who went through life, and the joy he shares to those eager to listen. I enjoy the happiness painted on the child’s face when he manages to do something on his own even if many do not give him any chance to succeed.
Besides, I see two ways of the simplicity of life in children and the elderly. On the one hand, the beginning of life. When your mind is not confused by the teaching of all kinds and ego, yet. And on the other hand, the simplicity of the elderly person who has gone through a lot along the path of life. The one’s who understands that it is much easier to live according to your heart desire and enjoy every day that is still destined for you now and here.
We do not have eternal youth, no matter how much we colour our hair or face. The only eternal youth is that of the soul.
We are always the same age inside.– Gertrude Stein
Old or not, I’m not ashamed of my white hair, and I’m not ashamed to wear it the way it is. I am NOT ASHAMED OF MY AGE. For me, white hair is a joy that many others are not going to know it here and now.
Moreover, years may wrinkle your skin, but your wrinkles are the pages of your life written on your face. I like the way Mark Twain says it: “wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been.”
How old are YOU now?
No matter what is written on your birth certificate, for Age is just a number.
Age isn’t how old you are but how old you feel.― Gabriel García Márquez
Copyright © 2020 firstname.lastname@example.org